We all know kitchen is the heart of the house and it is the one of the most used home spaces for yourself and your guests. When consider having a new kitchen, there are a few tips you’ll want to keep in mind and some common mistakes you’ll want to try to avoid. In doing so, it will help making your time, effort, and money well worth it.
- It is very important that cabinet installation can only be arranged after the kitchen floor is installed, and the plumbing work for the sink, dishwasher and fridge is prepared.
- If there is a hollow wall in the kitchen, customers need to inform the kitchen cabinet company and let your renovation contractor to strengthen the wall. Because upper cabinets cannot be mounted on a hollow wall. If the kitchen cabinet company does not know it at the beginning, it will cause the cabinet to be unable to be installed smoothly and will delay the installation time.
- Make sure to protect other rooms and surfaces free from dusts. This will help save on clean-up time after the cabinet installation. You can create your own plastic sheeting, or ask your renovation contractor to help you.
- Before the cabinet installation date, make sure the old cabinet and countertop is out of the space, so the cabinet installer can put on new cabinets and finish the job efficiently.
- If you’re giving your kitchen a total makeover, please do not choose your appliances last. It is a lot easier to choose cabinets and countertops to fit your appliance such as stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher, rather than the other way around. The kitchen cabinet company will collect the model numbers before producing the new cabinets.
- Make sure to consult a kitchen design expert. A professional designer can get twice the result with half of the effort. They are responsible for the specific details to ensure that the kitchen size is accurate and the style does not conflict with your home style.
- Take some time to look at kitchen design pictures available online such as Houzz.com, Pinterest, Instagram… Save some as inspirational images and show to the kitchen professional. This will help the designer to know your expectation.
- If the countertop is too high or too low, it will increase the burden on your back and make you uncomfortable while using the kitchen space. A standard kitchen counter height is 36’’ including countertop, if you feel it is still low or high, you can tell the kitchen designer your preferable height.
- Consider to have more pull-out drawers for the base cabinets and the pantry, it will greatly reduce the time you lower yourself to open the cabinet doors.
- Do some researches for the kitchen accessories, and see if you want to have spice racks, garbage bin pull-outs, pull-out tray organizers, Lazy Suzan, magical corners, etc.
Ready for a change? A professional kitchen cabinet installation can give your space a stress free and whole new look. Contact Fantasy Kitchens today and get more information on what we offer!